Pursuant to Stamp Duty (Exemption) (No. 4) Order 2020 issued on 28-7-2020, with effect from 1-6-2020 until 31-5-2021, the stamp duty for the purchase of residential property by an individual under the Home Ownership Campaign 2020/2021 shall be exempted subject to the follows:
- the purchase price shall be more than RM300,000.00 but not more than RM2,500,000.00;
- the stamp duty for the first RM1,000,000.00 shall be exempted but the balance of the purchase price is subject to payment of stamp duty at 0.3%;
- the property shall be purchased from a property developer;
- the purchase price in the Sale and Purchase Agreement is a price after a discount of at least 10% from the original price offered by the property developer;
- the sale and purchase agreement shall be executed on or after 1-6-2020 but not later than 31-5-2021 and stamped.
In addition to the above, the stamp duty for the loan to part finance the purchase of the above residential property is also exempted pursuant to Stamp Duty (Exemption) No. 3) Order 2020 issued on 28-7-2020.
Click here to download the ➾ “PU(A) 216 Stamp Duty (Exemption) (No. 3) Order 2020“
Click here to download the ➾ “PU(A) 217 Stamp Duty (Exemption) (No. 4) Order 2020“